Friday 8 January 2016

3 Keys to Creativity

"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

We all have imagination, but sometimes it's hard for us to get our creative mojo working when we want it to. 
Here are some of the ways I kick my imagination into gear. 
1) Music 

For me music has always been my greatest source of inspiration. I barely get anything done without something playing in the background.

My favourite pieces to listen to include: 
Beethoven's 9th Symphony

Queen's Don't Stop Me Now

Van Morrison and Michael Buble's Real Real Gone 

2) A Drink 


Concentrating too much can impede your ability to think imaginatively. Alcohol relaxes you and as a result boosts original thinking.  

3) Pen to Page

When trying to inspire ideas, I believe its important to let them grow naturally. 

I prefer a blank page. I don't like lines; they disrupt the creative process. Their rigidness traps me. 

I listen to the music, sip my drink and let my stream of consciousness float me towards inspiration.

With that said, sometimes the best way to accomplish that "Eureka!" moment is to step away from what your working on and do something completely different: watch a movie, go for a walk, work out. 

The key to creativity is to enjoy the process. Nothing is fun when it becomes work. 

Relax, experiment and have fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment